The Burst Marketplace provides a protocol for decentralized, peer-to-peer stores for any kind of digital goods like software, music or video. You browse the sellers products, place an order and the seller will send you information of how to download the good.
With the server running, access the local Burst wallet by visiting http://localhost:8125/. On the sidebar, you find the menus ‘Marketplace’ and ‘My Store’:
|Search Marketplace: Enter the sellers address to see his products.|
|Purchased Products: This page will list all your previously purchased products.|
|My Products For Sale: Lists the items you are selling in the marketplace, and gives you the ability to update your offerns.|
|My Pending Orders: Here you will see pending orders from users who wants to buy a product.|
|My Completed Orders: Shows all finished orders feedbacks from your customer.|
|List Product For Sale: Here you add a new digital good in the marketplace.|
Open your Burst client and select ‘Marketplace’ to buy or ‘My Store’ to sell.
Here is a short description with the most essential info on how to buy on Burst marketplace:
- Click the menu ‘Marketplace’ and then ‘Search Marketplace’.
- Enter the sellers Burst address to see the list of his goods.
- Click the name of a product to open the purchase dialog. Enter ‘Quantity’ and ‘Delivery Deadline’ in hours. This defines how long you are willing to wait for seller to deliver until the transaction is cancelled. Double check the data, enter your ‘Passphrase’ and hit the button ‘Purchase’.
- The order has now been placed in your ‘Purchased Products’ menu. Here you can see the order status: After network confirmation (block generating) it will change from ‘Tentative’ to ‘Pending’.
- When the seller has delivered the product, the status will change to ‘Complete’.
- Click the name to open the dialog ‘Marketplace Delivery’. Enter your passphrase to ‘Decypt’ the sellers message. Here you will find the information on where you can fetch your digital good.
- You now have the option of leaving feedback to the seller.
You can list your digital goods on marketplace:
- Open your Burst client and select ‘My Store’.
- Click the button ‘List Product For Sale’ on the top right-hand corner.
- Decripe your product.
Name: The name of the product.
Description: More details about the product, maybe add a link to a website where you present the product in full detail.
Tags (optional): Enter up to three comma separated tags.
Price: The product price in Burst per unit.
Quantity: The number of goods you have in stock. This will decrease every time a buyer buys from you.
Passphrase: Your wallet passphrase is needed to list the product.
- Confirm the offer by clicking on ‘Put For Sale’. It is listed in italics on the ‘My Products For Sale’ page.
- After the Burst network has included your product in a block (usually after a few minutes), it will be listet in normal font as a link.
- When someone has placed an order to buy a good from you, it will show up in the ‘My Pending Orders’ menu. Go here and press the ‘Deliver Goods’ button.
- In the pop up window, enter your passphrase to decrypt the message from the buyer. You can check the option ‘Remember passphrase for decryption’ for future sales.
- Enter details on how the buyer can download your digital good in the ‘Data’ field. Optional you can give a ‘Discount’ to the buyer.
- Enter your ‘Passphrase’ and hit the ‘Deliver Purchase’ button to finalize the purchase.
- You can find the completed order in the ‘My Completed Orders’ menu. For details click on the product name. Here you can see if the buyer has sent you feedback and you may also refund purchase.